Success only flourishes in perseverance -- ceaseless, restless perseverance.
--Baron Manfred Von Richtofen

Thursday, October 1, 2009

October Story Feature: Getting Colder


"Getting Colder" first appeared in Amazing Journeys magazine in the June 2004 issue.

Baron would do anything to save his wife from an incurable illness, but the answer he finds will tests the limits of his strength, his faith , and his understanding.

I got the idea for the illness in this story from reading about an angelfish plague. The symptoms were normal for fish, I'm sure, but when my imagination jumped to people it struck me as really creepy. The title comes from a song by Gordon Lightfoot. Readers had this to say:

"The twist in Getting Colder can't be seen coming; and for the life of me, though I tried to guess what would happen, I too was caught off-guard. Great chars, nice plot line and a back story that told itself!"


I hope you enjoy "Getting Colder." Be sure to leave a comment here and let me know what you think.


5 comments:

Linz said...

I don't think that I have read this one before, Ang! I love it! Great story. You amaze me!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! And an interesting story into what prompted it!

Larry and Cindy said...

Angie you are amazing and I am just on my way to bed but as soon as I get home from work tomorrow I will read "Geting Colder" Your mind and imagination just amaze me! I am so happy to have such wonderful daughters and sons!!! LYA&F, MOM

Danyelle L. said...

Wow! That's the only word that comes to mind. You have an amazing talent! Thanks for sharing. :D

Anonymous said...

successive congratulate sticking indiana foods cirrus fiction welfare shampoo lwfpr golden
servimundos melifermuly