Success only flourishes in perseverance -- ceaseless, restless perseverance.
--Baron Manfred Von Richtofen

Monday, November 23, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

Since I'm leaving town tomorrow, this will probably be my only post this week. In honor of Turkey Day, I thought I'd make a list of writing related things that I am thankful for:

I'm thankful for writing. It is such a fun and fulfilling part of my life.
I'm thankful for notebooks and gel pens.
I'm thankful for daydreaming.
I'm thankful for a supportive spouse who also happens to be a computer genius and a wonderful proof-reader, who watches the little ones whenever I want to go off and do some conference or just go write by myself.
I'm thankful for supportive kids who read my stuff.
I'm thankful for an amazing writer, brilliant critiquer, and best friend who lives right up the road from me.
I'm thankful for the support of my extended family.
I'm thankful for our computers, printer, etc. despite the fact that they often give me grief.
I'm thankful for this great writing community I have found online.
I'm thankful for blogger and a free blog.
I'm thankful that a dozen of my stories have been published. That has been so rewarding.
I'm thankful for my involvement in Mindflights.
I'm thankful for my 87(!) followers.
I'm thankful for fun characters and exciting plots.
I'm thankful for great books.
And, since I firmly believe in giving thanks in all things:
I'm thankful for rejection letters. It means I'm actually trying, plus rejections have taught me a lot.
I'm thankful for all the things that take time away from writing, because I have a wonderful, full life.
I'm thankful for the hunger that keeps driving me forward.
I'm thankful for the experiences, good and bad, that lend depth to my writing.
And finally:
I'm thankful for my Father in Heaven, who blessed me with this desire and talent.

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!



9 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful post! There are so many things to be grateful for! It is always fun to remember them. I'm grateful for a holiday that knocks us over the head to jog our "thank you" memories! :D

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Angie. You have a wonderful attitude and I'm very, very happy for you. I wish you all the best success.

tiffany said...

im thankful for both your blogs & you

Linz said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! Great post! See you Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this great post. It was wonderful to be reminded of all of the things I have to be thankful for as a writer. Much appreciated!

dellgirl said...

Happy thanksgiving to you too! I hope you have a wonderful time over the break.

This is a great post. I love your "thankful list", lots of things to be thankful for.

Rosslyn Elliott said...

I'm thankful for you, too. :-) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Carolyn V. said...

Lovely post Angie. Happy Thanksgiving! =)

* said...

That's a full and swelling list of gratitude, there. Thank for your sharing it.