Success only flourishes in perseverance -- ceaseless, restless perseverance.
--Baron Manfred Von Richtofen

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Here It Is

I finished the typing and printed out the manuscript for my chief proofreader (and #1 fan) to read. It was kind of fun to listen to my  husband and son argue over who gets to read it first. =D The printed version is 506 pages long. I printed it double-sided for proofreading, so in standard manuscript format is would be twice as thick. Yikes. I know it's a little on the long side, but for sci-fi, it's an acceptable length. I wrote the thing in 14 months and 18 days, which comes out to 62.6 weeks, and it was 626 pages (by hand), so despite many ups and downs, I managed to average my goal of 10 pages per week. It was nice of the math to work out so easy like that.

I have been contemplating what to work on next. I feel lost with nothing to write. I did a little work last night on love song lyrics. Sigh. I am not great at lyrics, but I'll keep trying. I think the front-runner for my next writing project is a novella called Renegade, but I may write a Christmas story first. I just don't really have any Christmas story ideas right now. I've been spending my normal late-night writing time lying on the grass in the backyard staring up at the stars. It's so nice. I love that, but I'd love to get back to writing too. Soon!

P.S. If you haven't entered my 200 followers contest, you have until June 30. All you have to do is comment on the post (oh, and be a follower), so pop over there and enter now!

22 comments:

Melissa said...

The printed MS looks so nice. I guess, double siding it saved paper huh?

Thats a lot of pages! But I bet it's fun to have your son and husband fight over it. When I FINALLY finish mine I need to print out 3 whole versions for 3 different people who are reading it for me. Yikes. It's going to cost me in paper and ink. Oh sigh.

tiffany said...

write a story with me as the main charecter lol

Cherie Reich said...

Wow! That's a ton of pages. Good luck finding something else to write. I know it can be difficult, especially after you finish such a large project.

Aubrie said...

Congrats, Angie! It looks so nice. :) I want to read it.

Sci fi books are supposed to be long, so don't worry about that!

Taffy said...

Woot! You're awesome Angie!

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

Congrats on your MS and 220 followers! I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd

Angie said...

Thanks, everybody. I appreciate your comments. I know what you mean, Melissa. Printing them out can be quite an expense! Aubrie, I may just take you up on that! Tiff, um, we'll see. ;) Thanks for stopping by Taffy and Lloyd, and thanks, Cherie. I think I'll find an idea soon.

T. M. Hunter said...

Oddly enough, I never suffer from not having something else to write. The problem is in having so many things I can never decide what to work on at any given moment. :-\

Good luck in finding your next project!

Nicole said...

you wrote it out by hand first!?! You are crazy!! My hand would have fallen off and I hate having to type it up again. Very impressed!

Alexandra Shostak said...

I love the way printed manuscripts look! Congrats on finishing!

Angie said...

Yeah, Todd, I'm kind of a one idea at a time kind of gal. I am a little crazy, Nicole, but it works. Alexandra, thank you! I liked the way it looked too. I just had to take a picture.

Karen Lange said...

Congrats again! It is always a little strange to come to the end of one project, for me anyway. Sometimes I have many directions that I can go, other times not so many.
Blessings,
Karen

ali cross said...

Yay! Congrats Angie!

I'm stuck on the idea of lying on the cool grass at nighttime, stargazing. I'd like to do that ... ♥

LisaAnn said...

Congratulations Angie! Quite an accomplishment. You definitely inspire me.

Carolyn V. said...

Way to go Angie!!! Woo hoo!

Talei said...

Wow,that looks awesome!!! And it must feel amazing, congrats!! ;)

Jan Markley said...

Way to go! that's a whole lot of words! Looks good printed out!

Angie said...

Thanks again everybody! Your comments brighten my day. :D

Dr. Mohamed said...

Congrats on completing your MS! My gosh, I'll never be able to write something so BIG :)

Joanne said...

Congrats, that's quite an accomplishment and it looks great! When I finish a large project like that, I give myself a little downtime, maybe I'll clean up my Word files, organize notes, easy stuff as I consider what to do next.

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

There's something beautiful about a printed manuscript. Congrats for finishing the story :)

Jackee said...

That is nice math! Congrats, Angie. I hope your son and husband LOVE it! :o)