Success only flourishes in perseverance -- ceaseless, restless perseverance.
--Baron Manfred Von Richtofen

Monday, September 20, 2010

Some Early Endorsements for my Novel

First I have to say WOW! I got a personal record number of comments on my rebellious post. Thanks everyone for weighing in with your thoughts. I really appreciate that. All I know for sure is, it's gonna be a fun ride whatever happens.

I've received some feedback from a few readers of my latest novel. I'd thought I'd share their endorsements with you:

"Nice job. I really liked it. And I'm not just saying that because I'm your husband." --My Husband

"This book is awesome! And I'm not just saying that because you're my mom." --My Son

"It's really good. I loved the characters. It flows very well. I couldn't put it down. And I'm not just saying that because I'm your daddy. (And p.s. I liked the 'holy crap!' line.)" --My Dad
(Yeah, I like the "holy crap!" line too.)

Seriously, I do believe and cherish the praise and positive feedback from the people I love. Thanks, fam! You're the best!

Now, all you other beta readers--do your worst!

26 comments:

Jolene Perry said...

I just sent two books out to be looked over by people I don't know and it's so different because I care both more and less what they think than my family and close friends.
Though - I hope their opinions continue to count the most.

Theresa Milstein said...

I can tell you have awesome fans.

Tana said...

Yay for positive feedback! I'd live in a bubble of positivity if it were possible. ;)

Joanne said...

Family is wonderful, isn't it? Those blurbs belong on the back of the book!

Anonymous said...

I love the caveat's in each one. ;)

I'm super excited for you!

Karen Lange said...

Love it! Where would we be without family support? What a blessing. Looking forward to hearing about your progress.
Blessings,
Karen

Mary E Campbell said...

lol - So great that your family likes it. I can't even get my family to read my stuff. I look forward to reading it someday.

Elana Johnson said...

Oh, I can only hope to get blurbs half that good for my books. I don't actually let my family read them...

Christine Fonseca said...

hahaha! Everyone needs some good cheerleaders in their corner!

Annette Lyon said...

I like any dad who enjoys a "holy crap" line. :)

Shallee said...

I'll do my worst-- and my best. :) It's always great to have such supportive family!

ali cross said...

ROFL!!!

Congrats on the rave reviews! (And I'm not just saying that because you're my friend.)

Karen Jones Gowen said...

These blurbs are the best! What a cute post :)

LTM said...

Angie, that is awesome. I was totally giggling over your endorsements--those read a lot like my initial endorsements! You've got to get the positives coming in before the criticisms, yes? :D good stuff~

Diana Paz said...

How sweet!!! You're family's support is priceless :)

Carolyn V. said...

LOL! My mom was shocked when she found out I could write. hee hee.

The Damsel In Dis Dress said...

Love it! I always say I suspect any of my reviewers that I happen to feed on a regular basis. lol.

Unknown said...

Haha love this. DO you think I can get a blurb from your Dad as well?

Christina Lee said...

AWW! And YES now you need the worst!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Sweet post! Now, I have to read the rebellious one . . . catching up.

Angela said...

I hope you get some great feedback from your beta readers.

tiffany said...

i love how al of them said im nor just saying that becuse im your husband or your daddy or becuse your my mom i cant wait to read it

tiffany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jan Markley said...

I remember giving my niece, years ago, an earlier version of my debut novel Dead Frog on the Porch and she said: 'wow, you're like a real writer.' cool praise! enjoy yours!

Angie said...

That is cool, Jan. I am enjoying mine, too. I especially love it that my boys can read and enjoy my books now.

The Writer said...

I don't know why more of those endorsements don't make it onto books. or maybe I just think they're great because my family is more like, "Yeah... pretty decent... when are you going to get a real job?" lol