Success only flourishes in perseverance -- ceaseless, restless perseverance.
--Baron Manfred Von Richtofen

Monday, November 29, 2010

Tidbits of Awesome

I have some really cool stuff to share today!

First off, my fellow Utah author, Michael Young had  short story published over at Mindflights, and you don't want to miss it. Dynamic Duos is a delight. A retiring superhero is auctioning off his powers. You never know what might happen... Go check it out! I laughed out loud reading this story. It will make you smile. I promise.

Another awesome tidbit: My friend Tristi Pinkston has a new book coming out! Book 2 of her Secret Sisters Mysteries Series, "Dearly Departed," will be out in January. I am way excited. I read the first book, "Secret Sisters" a few weeks ago, as a reward to myself for finishing my novella. It was a wonderful treat. Relief Society President, Ida Mae Babbitt and her counselors want to do what's best for the sisters in their ward, but their methods are a little...unconventional. Soon, they have a full-blown mystery on their hands. As a member of a Relief Society Presidency myself, I could totally relate to Ida Mae, Arlette, and Tansy. The book had just the right amount of humor, suspense, inspiration, and even a little romance. I especially enjoyed the Secret Sisters antics in the DMV and the fancy french restaurant. This is a fun read, and now I am stoked that the second book is coming!

Here's something even better! To celebrate the release of "Dearly Departed," Tristi is hosting an amazing contest for the month of December on her blog, with prizes every day, plus a first place prize basket and a grand prize that are unbelievable! Check out her blog for all the info on the Merry Month of Miracles. You won't want to miss out.

Stay tuned! I have more Christmas treats to share with you this week, and next week, I may just host a Christmas giveaway of my own...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool beans! I'll be checking it all out! Happy belated Thanksgiving, Angie! Hope it was AWESOME!

dellgirl said...

This is cool stuff, thanks for sharing. I hope you have a great Week!

ali cross said...

Those are some juicy tidbits for sure!

Tana said...

Ooh I like your tease at the end! I shall stay tuned! Thank you for sharing these yummy tidbits. I'm hoping over to the contest. =)

Tristi Pinkston said...

Thanks for helping to spread the word!!

Cindy Beck, author said...

Took your suggestion and read "Dynamic Duos." Cute, fun story. Thanks for mentioning it! :)

Thanks, too, for reminding us about Tristi's upcoming contest. It'll be lots of fun, as will yours if you decide to have a Christmas giveaway.

Oh ... before I forget ... thanks for stopping and commenting on my Christmas story about the old cowboy and Santa. Glad you enjoyed it! And, Angie, if you want to find out what was in that present Shorty received, read the comment I left at the blog.

Theresa Milstein said...

This book does sound fun. I'll visit her blog.

Sheila Deeth said...

Thanks for the link. Those superheroes were definitely fun! And the December contest sounds fascinating (as does the book).

Nicole Zoltack said...

Sounds like a fun book, thanks for sharing!

MTeacress said...

Auctioning off super hero powers? That's an "I wish I had thought of that" moment. ;)
Thanks for the heads up about Tristi's blog. I'll go take a look!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Sounds like an awesome story - auctioning off superpowers - is there a stupendous mom power in there for me? Or a stupendous writer power? I have to read that story soon.