Success only flourishes in perseverance -- ceaseless, restless perseverance.
--Baron Manfred Von Richtofen

Monday, March 28, 2011

Star Scout Rising: First Trail: My Review

You probably know, if you read this blog much, that I love science fiction, especially with loads of action. I had high hopes for Star Scout Rising: First Trail, and I was not disappointed.

Junior Star Scout Del Baldura and his teammates find themselves in a world of trouble when one of the team members is kidnapped by off-world poachers during a training mission. Now Del and the rest have to use all their wits to survive. The book also follows Jak McCarel and Star Scout Command as they try to uncover a plot by the sinister Gadion Faction, a plot which may put the Junior Scouts in even more danger.

Star Scout Rising if chock full of adventure, nail-biting action, hairs-breadth escapes, and cool alien creatures. In other words, science fiction just like I want it. I enjoyed the characters and could relate to their struggles. The book grabbed my interest right away and kept me hooked until the end. Of course, as this is volume one, that end comes just as the two different story lines come together. And while lots of questions are left unanswered, I still felt the ending was satisfying. I am anxious to read the next book now and find out what happens!

The book is refreshingly clean and free of any objectionable material. It's one that I'm sure my teen boys will also love. Star Scout Rising: First Trail is available in print on Amazon or for Kindle. You can find out more about the book and about Gary Darby on his blog.


So, if you love science fiction adventure as much I do, I highly recommend you give Star Scout Rising a try!

10 comments:

Demitria said...

I love sci-fi, I'll have to check this out.

demitrialunetta.blogspot.com

Danyelle L. said...

Sounds like an awesome book! And yay for being clean! I'll have to check this out. :D

Angela said...

Always like discovering new books. Thanks for the review.

Cindy Beck, author said...

Sounds like a fun book. I'm afraid the unanswered questions would drive me nuts, though.

Oh ... thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog, "Universal Laws." Glad you enjoyed it!

Angie said...

Thanks for stopping by, everyone. Cindy, I know. I've read several "volume one" books lately. Sometimes it's hard to wait for the rest of the story!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Sounds awesome! By the way, I forgot to tell you earlier that I have an award for you at my blog post from last Thursday!

Elizabeth Mueller said...

I really enjoyed this book, too! It did get me a bit confused with the hopping around in story telling. It's a book I won't ever forget! ;)

♥.•*¨ Elizabeth ¨*•.♥

Carolyn V said...

Wow! That book sounds great! I love a good book (especially science fiction). Thanks for the suggestion. =)

Jo Schaffer said...

Good review. Always have one eye open for appropriate books to reccommend to my boys. (=

StarScout said...

Angie, thanks so much for reading my first novel and for the encouraging review. What an educational experience these reviews are for me as a new author. I appreciate your insight and perspective. Many thanks again and best wishes on your writing endeavors as well.

Sincerely,

Gary Darby