Success only flourishes in perseverance -- ceaseless, restless perseverance.
--Baron Manfred Von Richtofen

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Why Not Keep it Up?

I made my October goal. I finished page 200 in my novel on Saturday night, with two days still left in the month. Woohoo! I wrote 15 pages last week to make that happen. And since I believe in celebrating every little victory...

*throws confetti*

Yeah for me!

Now I'm inclined to just sit back and rest on October's laurels. In fact, I have shockingly little to show for the first two writing days of this week. But then there are all of you who are doing NaNoWriMo, turning on the juice, getting those amazing word counts, and I'm feeling a little ashamed of myself.

Now, I don't do NaNo. It doesn't work for me to put a bunch of words out there that fast. But, I figure, why not keep stretching myself this month like you NaNoers are? There's no reason why not!

So, my goal for National Novel Writing Month is to write 15 pages every week. That should put my to at least page 265 by the end of the month. Like I said, I'm already behind this week, so it's time to get crackin'! Wish me luck!

13 comments:

tiffany said...

good luck. for a second there i thought that you were going to say you were going to write 15 pages a day. i was releived when i read week instead i know you can do your goal your awsome like that

Dr. Mohamed said...

Best wishes to you, Angi. And congrats on making page 200...on a Sat night, no less!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

That's still a pretty big goal! Good luck! :-)

Angie said...

Thank you so much, Tiff and Mohamed! I appreciate that.

Stacy Henrie said...

I think it's so important to celebrate both the big and the small milestones! :) Congrats on reaching your goal and good luck with the 15 pages each week - sounds like something you can totally do.

T. M. Hunter said...

Good luck! We all know you can do it!

Stina said...

I'm not one for NaNo. Mostly because I'm usually in the middle of a project at that time and don't want to stop to do planning before Nov 1 (and I have to plan before I write the first draft).

I like your method of setting goals. That way you don't feel bad if you don't achieve your daily goal. You can make up for it some other day in the week. :)

Melanie Goldmund said...

So cool that you achieved your October goal, and good luck for November!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Congratulations on acheiving your goal!!! and Best of Wishes on the Next one!

Stephanie Black said...

Congratulations on reaching your goal! And good luck with November's goals!

LTM said...

a very reasonable goal. Good luck to you! :o)

Angie said...

Thanks you guys for the encouragement and good wishes. I couldn't do it without you!

Old Kitty said...

Well done you!!!! I am also showering you with lots of confetti! Hooorah! And you are nano-ing too - that's just brilliant! Enjoy and take care and have fun! x