Success only flourishes in perseverance -- ceaseless, restless perseverance.
--Baron Manfred Von Richtofen

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

DOTC Blog Celebration: Meet Hannah Emerson

Welcome to the Defenders of the Covenant blog celebration!

Today, I'd like to introduce you to Hannah Emerson.

Hannah is seventeen years old, and has lived her entire life in the refuge, an underground shelter, hidden from the invaders who devastated earth before she was born.  I asked her to answer a few questions:

Most prized possession? My locket. It has a picture of my parents in it and one of my older brother, Caleb. I've never met them, but they gave their lives for me. It's the only thing I have from them.

Best friend? My roommate, McKenzie Larson. We've been best friends practically since birth!


Hobbies? Singing, playing piano and organ. Pretty much anything to do with music. My favorite music is anything by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. I wish I could have heard them sing in person.

Favorite book? Hmmm. I guess Anne of Green Gables.

Most memorable event? So far, my most memorable event was the day I got baptized when I turned eight. Bishop Carrier baptized me. It was nice. That's the day that Sister Thayer--she's kind of my foster mom--gave me the locket from my mother.

Thanks, Hannah!

The Hannah Prize Package:

A locket and a Mormon Tabernacle Choir CD (approx. value $22)



To enter: Please leave a comment on this post letting me know you want to be entered and an email address for contact.* By entering you agree to abide by the Official Rules (please read them!) You can comment here anytime until midnight on March 16.

*If your blogger email is open (I can respond to your comments via email), you do not need to leave your email in the comment.*

Nice things to do that aren't required and will in no way impact the outcome of the giveaway:

Follow my blog
Like my Facebook Page
Follow me on Twitter
Become a fan on Goodreads
Post the Blog Celebration image
Share this post with your friends

On Friday: Meet Derek Halstead

26 comments:

Linz said...

Enter me!!!! I think Hannah is a gem! I love her taste in music!!

Anonymous said...

This is really cool!

Daniel Coleman said...

I'm in! (it's for my daughter, just in case any of you were wondering)

Cherie Reich said...

Enter me!

And that locket is beautiful. It's nice to learn more about Hannah. :)

Angie said...

Mel, just to be clear--did you want to be entered in the drawing?

Rocky Rudd said...

Enter me!

Hannah seems pretty awesome; it's a good thing she gets along with her roommate. :)

Taffy said...

I love character interviews! I'd love to enter this giveaway!

taffy(dot)lovell@gmail.com

Donna K. Weaver said...

How fun, Angie. Great interview. I've thought about doing them, too. Gives a little more insight.

Michelle said...

So exciting!

Enter me, please ... I'll try to figure out how to share this on facebook ... ahem ...

tiffany said...

enter me please

hanna is such a great example to us all

if we dont or cant read fridays posts till sunday at the earliest can we still leave a comment on that one too? is there a deadline dof when we can comment on a post?

Unknown said...

Enter me! I bet I could find a girl to give that locket to someday. :)

Angie said...

Yes, Tiff. You can enter on any of the posts until midnight on March 16!

Brenda Sills said...

How Fantastic! I love Hannah! Please, please, please enter me in the contest! I'm so excited for you, Angie!

Shallee said...

Yay for Hannah! I love her. :) Can't wait to read more about her.

Chantele Sedgwick said...

You are too cute! :) Can't wait to read this! And what a fun contest!

michelle said...

I am so eager to read your book. I am so happy this has become a reality for you. You are very talented. I think my older grand kids will enjoy the book too. Michelle stewart

ali cross said...

So excited and happy for you Angie! And hey, it was nice to meet you Hannah! ;)

kbrebes said...

Very Cool! kbrebes@aol.com

Congrats, Again!!

Maria Hoagland said...

Please enter me! Nice interview and great giveaway. Good luck on the book!

Cathy said...

I would love to be entered. I've never thought of interviewing a character. Great idea.

Carolyn V said...

Aw! I love the character interview! So great. ;)

Carolyn Twede Frank said...

What a cute idea, to interview your character. Good luck with your launch. And enter me in your contest.

Renae Weight Mackley said...

Great interview idea. Please enter me in your contest.

Tara P said...

Please Enter me. Poor Hannah it has to be hard to know your family died for you. e(dot)sadlersfan(at)yahoo(dot)com.

Anonymous said...

Do you know, I've never read Anne of Green Gables. But I've always loved the movies. =D

Larry and Cindy said...

I would love to be a winner. Having you for a daughter makes me a winner no matter what!!!